We are seeking a highly motivated professional to fill the following position:
1. Senior Administrative Officer – ISAR Vacancy Code SA-ISAR22
This position is responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the Institute for the Study of African Realities (ISAR) by providing administrative support, information management, and records maintenance. He/she should work in consultation with the Director of ISAR and all relevant administrative units to ensure that AIU academic policies are upheld.
1. Attend all official meetings of ISAR that are called for by ISAR Director or ISAR’s Coordinators, including Academic Board (AB) meetings.
2. Take minutes of all the meetings that are attended;
3. Report the minutes to the director and circulate them as instructed
4. Receive/respond to emails/calls or inquiries related to ISAR and report the same to the director;
5. Organize various academic seminars (including PhD seminars and colloquia), short courses, conferences, consultations, seminars, and other kinds of forums held by ISAR or its Centers, as well as administer all the logistic preparations and necessary supplies for such meetings as mentioned here;
6. Work together with the Coordinator of Center for Research and Publication as well as ISAR Director in publishing of the university journal and other types of academic works;
7. In liaison with the ISAR director, administrate the university’s policy for research and consultancy;
8. Administrate IERB (Institutional Ethical Research Board) within AIU according to its SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as instructed by the director;
9. Write official letters and proposals on behalf the institute as instructed by the director;
10. Keep the financial book of ISAR’s funds and work with the AIU’s financial office for ISAR;
11. Organize and keep all the records and documents related to matters ISAR and its Centers and file them electronically;
12. Give reports to the director on a weekly basis
13. Any other duties as given by the director.
Requirements: Qualifications and experience
i. A relevant Master’s degree or a relevant bachelor’s degree with compensating experience.
ii. Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative position
iii. Ability to plan, organize and facilitate workshops, major events and other public meetings.
iv. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
v. Must possess strong editorial skills (writing newsletters, reports and proposals)
vi. Strong interpersonal skills.
vii. Computer proficiency.
Academic and non-academic staff of AIU are required to be faithful to the evangelical faith and practice and to the Christian ethos and code of conduct of the University