Africa International University is a private Chartered International Christian University with its main Campus located in Karen, Nairobi. Our Mission is to educate Christ centred leaders for the transformation of God’s people and the world through innovative programs, research and community engagement. We are seeking highly motivated professionals to fill the following positions:
1. Security Guard - Vacancy Code: SG22
This position entails;
- Ensuring all security systems and gadgets are functioning at all times which includes ensuring that the security desk computer and scanners, bar codes reader [gate] are in good condition.
- Controlling the movement of information resources out of the library.
- Controlling the movement of library assets in and out of the library.
- Keeping custody of user’s belongings.
- Observing and authorizing entrance of users into the library.
- Monitoring suspicious persons/activities in the library.
- Controlling noise in and around the library.
- Ensuring Library is only accessed at the right time as per hours of opening.
Courses/a Diploma in security training. S/he should have at least one (1) year of experience in security related field preferably in a university set up. Must possess a certificate of good conduct. Must have good computer skills, knowledge of associated electronic devices, good communication and interpersonal skills. First aid and fire-fighting skills are desirable. The applicant must be a born-again Christian.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com ensuring vacancy code is in the subject. Attach a cover letter, detailed resume and duly filled job application form. Deadline for application is Friday 31st May 2019 at 5.00pm. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Academic and non-academic staff of AIU are required to be faithful to the evangelical faith and practice and to the Christian ethos and code of conduct of the University.